Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Raiding Roxxors

I've been doing lots of raiding. It's hard to resist when raiding produces as much as my mines. I built a couple more small cargo ships and am getting hauls like this:

One of your fleets (Small Cargo:8 Light Fighter:1 Heavy Fighter:1 ) returns from X:XXX:XX to Planetname [X:XXX:XX] . The fleet is delivering 15695 Metal, 10130 Crystal and 195 Deuterium.

Here's my method for raiding...

Step 1. Search systems for players with an (i) or an (I).
This means they are inactive players. It would seem that many players quit OGame soon after they started and leave their homeworld abandoned. These planets continue producing resources until the account has been inactive for 40 days, at which point the account is automatically deleted, the planet slot becomes available again, and those resources are lost and gone forever. So you might as well get the goodies before they disappear, eh?

Step 2. Send an espionage probe and analyze the results.
If you get the full report then you can see how much they have on hand for resources, the number of mines, solar plants, and defenses. Sometimes I do not get info on defenses because they have equal or more Espionage Tech than me. I only attack inactive planets with no defenses. For now.

Step 3. Make a list of potential targets.
I jot down the target planet postion and the amount of resources they have on hand. I get about ten of these then send out ships on the top 2 or 3 targets.

Step 4. Send the fleet.
I have enough cargo ships and Computer Tech to send out 3 simultaneous missions. I send those out. It takes 3-4 hours for them to return. That reminds me, I need to bump up my fusion drive technology.

So when I'm not probing and sending out raids I am spending the precious booty on upgrading my homeworld and my colony. I now have 612 points. Go Newbie!

No comments: