Sunday, July 16, 2006

I got me a colony

I had to research Impulse Drive technology up to level 3 in order to build a Colony Ship. I wanted to build a colony close to my friend Shizane, but his homeworld is about 150 systems away from mine. I don't know if it's a good idea to build a colony that far away but I'll give it a try.

I was looking for an open spot in the middle of a system. The wiki says that planets with the most fields are found in the middle positions. I also noticed that in many of the systems I viewed people tend to stay away from positions 1-3 and 13-15.

Here's the wiki entry for "Colony". link

So when I found a system with an open slot at position 8 I used the Fleet screen to send my Colony Ship to those coordinates with the mission to "colonize". It took a few hours for it to get there, but finally...

ogame-settlement-report.gif
This newbie is spreading his space seed throughout uni19 w00t!

No comments: