Friday, July 14, 2006

Raiding on the Brain

Yay! My first raid was successful. Here's my first Combat Report.

ogame-combat-report.gif

That was so much fun I found another planet that was inactive for 28+ days, probed it, no defense.. check. And so I raided him.

One of your fleets (Small Cargo:1 Light Fighter:1 ) returns from X:XXX:XX to YourPlanetNameHere [X:XXX:XX] . The fleet is delivering 2525 Metal, 2525 Crystal and 0 Deuterium.

I figure these abandoned planets must have been created by players who tried the game and then quit, leaving a planet with a couple of mines and maybe a Solar Plant still chugging away. I wonder if the OGame system deletes abandoned planets after a while?

So I probed another inactive planet a few systems over and get a slightly different report from my probe...

Resources on Planet-blah-de-blah [X:XXX:XX] at 07-14 07:42:27
Metal: 48989 Crystal: 10706
Deuterium: 4455 Energy: 2001
Chance of counter-espionage:0%

I notice he has lots of resources. my precious But I also notice that this probe report doesn't list his defense, buildings, etc. I am guessing that's because he has better espionage tech than me.

He is also producing 2001 Energy compared to my current Energy production of 1.133. So it looks like he is a little bigger than me. And if he has any defenses on his planet then my feeble fleet (2 small cargos and a lone light fighter) will probably be reduced to space rubble.

So my plan for now is to wait, get that level 3 Impulse Drive technology so I can build a Colony ship and expand my empire. But while I'm waiting I can raid the abandoned planets I've found. I built a second small cargo ship and can get 5000 Metal and 5000 Crystal from each raid. This is useful for now but will be small potatoes soon. BTW, when the attack is successful the ship automatically loads up with up to half of their resources, whatever you have enough room for, but you don't get to choose how much of each resource to take.

Gonna go read the boards until my fleet returns.

Knowledge is power. FOR REAL!

No comments: