Sunday, July 16, 2006

Check, check, status schmeck

It took me a while to build a Colony ship because it requires Impulse Drive level 3 and that takes a lot more crystal than I had. So I've been leveling up my mines and research to what's nect on the ToDo list, and using the Technology Screen and the wiki to see what is required.

Here's where I'm at today...

HOMEWORLD
Buildings: Metal Mine 11, Crystal Mine 14, Deuterium Synth 9, Solar Plant 15, Fusion Plant none, Robotics Plant 5, Shipyard 4, Research Lab 5, other buildings none.

Research: Espionage 4, Computer 2, Weapons 2, Armour 2, Energy 3, Combustion Drive 3, Impluse Drive 3, Laser 3. (others none)

Fleet: Small Cargo Ship 4, Light Fighter 1, Heavy Fighter 1, Espionage Probe 3, Solar Satellite 5.

Defense: Rocket Launcher 2, Light Laser 1.

COLONY PLANET (1)
Buildings: Metal Mine 5, Crystal Mine 3, Deut Synth 2, Solar Plant 6, others none.
Research: none
Fleet: none
Defense: none

I now have 324 points and am buiding new stuff every day. Raiding inactive planets is bringing in extra resources and gives me something to do while waiting for the next thing to get built. Having a colony gives me new stuff to do too, but I'm not sure what I should focus on with the colony? Send resources home? Deploy ships from home to the colony for defense? Crystal has become more important than metal lately for the stuff I want to build so I have more Crystal Mines than Metal Mines, for now.

Blogging about this is kinda fun but takes time. I may go back and update some old posts with stuff I've figured out since then, answer my old questions, etc. If you are reading this please leave a comment. Shizane and I are starting a newbie alliance, so that is the next step. Play universe 19 and apply to Alliance DRACONIS if you want to join us.

That's all for now. Newbie out.

No comments: